I am a voracious researcher and a passionate observer of this Digital World, who likes aimlessly walking in this space, reflects and contemplates. That’s why I call myself: ‘A flâneur in this digital world’. The famous book ‘Black Swan’ by Taleb, introduced me to this term ‘flâneur’. Wikipedia gives meaning to this term as- ‘stroller’, ‘lounger’ which itself comes from the French verb flâner, which means “to stroll”. Charles Baudelaire developed a derived meaning of flâneur—that of ‘a person who walks the city in order to experience it’.
For over 18 years, I’ve worked for various global consulting firms that includes Deloitte and Analytics Startups. “Making Sense of Data” is the area that excites me and my Ph.D. research was also centered around information and algorithms being used for competitive advantage bordering on exploitation by the Internet Behemoths.
The content in this web site will include well researched articles and viewpoints in the area that intersects media, technology and human behavior which may be of interest to both Industry and Academia. I am associated as visiting professor at various universities in Delhi NCR and take lectures for management students and industry professionals on application of business analytics in the domain areas of Marketing, Retail and Supply Chain Management.
My Research Interests:
1. Various platforms businesses and their role in enabling value-creating interactions between producers and consumers.
2. Sharing economy and collaborative consumption.
3. Impact of Machine Learning/Artificial Intelligence on Society
4. Price Discrimination
5. Network Effects
6. Measuring effectiveness of digital advertising.
My Teaching interests:
1. Marketing and Customer Analytics
2. Supply Chain Analytics (Specialize in Retail)
3. Exploratory Data Analysis using Tableau
4. Machine Learning using KNIME
5. Omnichannel Retailing
Connect with me for Analytics related Research, Consulting, Teaching or Speaking Engagements at: email@example.com